- Responsible for handling the daily settlements of financial investment trades including purchase and sales and the financial accounting of the investments under HKFRS, working closely with the investment team, and other finance members
- Familiar with investment accounting standards.
- Responsible for a number of tasks within the financial reporting team, including working to ensure accuracy, and completeness of the financial reporting to the Group, and to our internal and external stakeholders.
- To operate the controls around investment reconciliations, and investment valuations, and look for improvements to the current processes and controls.
- To communicate professionally with internal clients and other stakeholders
- Compilation of regular and ad-hoc internal and external reports (including regulatory reports), on a HKFRS basis.
- Constantly give feedback and seek areas for improvement in the reporting process, data quality and systems and tool enhancements
- Proactively identify risks, maintain effective controls in data reconciliations and address control issues on timely basis
- Support interim/year end audit and internal audit by providing required details on data.
- Active in knowledge transfer and participate in ad hoc projects, such as planning and forecasting of the business.
- Perform month end journal entries and update of associated reports delivered to the investment team.
- Assist in the financial reporting of the company, including preparation of the financial statements, monthly reports provided to the shareholders, regulatory returns, and any ad hoc reporting required.
Job Based Competencies
- Over 2 years of experience in a finance / accounting role
- Some experience of using Bloomberg terminal, or checking on valuation of equities and other investments
- University degree (preferably in accounting)
- Working towards the ACCA qualification
- Some experience in business finance, financial accounting, investment accounting and reporting.
- Able to identify issues and initiate effective communication with line manager and internal stakeholders
- Good written English, Chinese and interpersonal skills. Able to express thoughts and communicate in a clear manner in a multinational environment
- Broad understanding of insurance and reinsurance
- Good computer and excel skills and SAP knowledge
Interested candidates please submit your application with a full resume stating current and expected salaries and date of availability to email@example.com.