Our Subsidiaries & Branches
Peak Re AG, Zurich, Switzerland
Peak Reinsurance AG (Peak Re AG) is a subsidiary of Peak Re dedicated to provide speedy and attentive reinsurance solutions on a multi-line and long-term basis to clients in European markets. Based in Zurich, Peak Re Ag opened its doors in 2015 and the following year, received its reinsurance license.
Through a combined presence in Zurich and Hong Kong, Peak Re can maintain a single underwriting platform that provides our clients with a service offering fully compliant with European regulations, while delivering Peak Re’s values of strong client focus and prompt claims settlement.
Peak Re AG is Solvency II-compliant under the Swiss Solvency Test.
To find out more about Peak Re AG contact via [email protected]
- 28 June 2021 – Peak Re appoints Karlheinz Render as Senior Vice President Europe for its Subsidiary in Switzerland
- 26 May 2021 – Peak Re Appoints Matteo Cussigh as CEO for Its Subsidiary in Switzerland
- 23 December 2016 – Peak Re receives licence to set up a reinsurance subsidiary in Zurich
- Financial Condition Report 2020
- Financial Condition Report 2019
- Financial Condition Report 2018
- Financial Condition Report 2017
Branch, Labuan, Malaysia
In 2017, Peak Re was granted approval by the Labuan Financial Services Authority to carry on general reinsurance business in and through the Labuan insurance market. Our Labuan branch has provided us with greater access to the Malaysian market and highlights our commitment to further expand our presence in Asia to support our clients in the region.
Representative office, Tokyo, Japan
In a year when Japan experience its largest-ever typhoon loss, Peak Re affirmed its commitment to this key market by establishing a representative office in Tokyo. The move also highlights our commitment to drive positive change for business and society, and to support our clients.
Peak Re’s representative office in Japan is led by Mr Satoshi Ichihara who has had a distinguished career with MSI and was recently Chief Representative of Catlin in Japan.
- 11 June 2018 – Peak Re underscores commitment in Japan market by appointing Mr. Satoshi Ichihara as Chief Representative in Japan
Peak Capital, Hamilton, Bermuda
Peak Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Peak Re. It was formed in 2020 following Peak Re’s 100% acquisition of the Bermuda-based Insurance-Linked Securities investment specialist, Lutece, and renaming it Peak Capital.
Its objective is to yield attractive returns based on the risk/return appetite of its investor base.
Peak Capital is made up of top-tier professionals with strong ILS and structuring expertise. Supported by Peak Re’s in-depth insights into the Asian markets, Peak Capital is able to develop differentiated and innovative (re)insurance products to both customers and investors, and eventually expedite Peak Re’s mission to closing the protection gap in Asia.
- 5 May 2020 – Peak Re completes Lutece acquisition and rebrands the Bermuda-based ILS investment specialist “Peak Capital”
- 8 April 2020 – Peak Re to acquire Bermuda based ILS asset manager Lutece
NAGICO, Philipsburg, St. Maarten
In 2016, Peak Re completed its strategic investment of a 50% stake in the Caribbean insurance group NAGICO Holdings Limited (NAGICO). Subsequently in 2021, Peak Re reached a definitive agreement to acquire the remaining 50% issued share capital of NAGICO, the closing of which is subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. Upon the completion of the transaction, NAGICO will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Peak Re.
Established in 1982, NAGICO offers a myriad of property and casualty as well as life insurance products and risk solutions to its customers throughout the Caribbean region.
With risk management being at the core of its decision making, NAGICO is a financially strong and stable group. It is a preferred insurance provider in the region as they uphold their core values of reliability, trustworthiness and friendly services.
- 27 July 2021 – Peak Re to acquire remaining 50% stake in Caribbean insurance group NAGICO
- 10 September 2017 – Peak Re, Fosun and NAGICO to support the restoration in the Caribbean
- 1 September 2016 – Peak Re completes strategic investment of 50% stake in NAGICO
- 23 July 2015 – Peak Re makes strategic equity investment in Caribbean insurance group NAGICO