Peak Re China Webinar Series: The impact of IFRS17 on insurance and reinsurance
3 June 2021
3:00pm - 5.30 pm (China time)
The last webinar of the four-part Peak Re China Webinar series. Titled “The impact of IFRS17 on insurance and reinsurance”, Peak Re’s Chief Financial Officer and experienced actuaries will take a deep dive into the latest International Financial Reporting Standard (“IFRS”) 17 issued by the International Accounting Standards Board. IFRS 17 is set to replace IFRS 4 in 2023 and will have extensive implications on how re/insurers calculate and disclose financial information.
The webinar will be conducted in Mandarin, and is an invitation-only event.
For our invitees, the recording will be available for a month.
Date: 3 June 2021 (Thursday)
Time: 3:00pm – 5.30 pm (China time)
Duration: 2 hours 30 mintues
We will cover the following key points:
- An overview of IFRS 17 and its impact on redefining accounting practices in the re/insurance industry.
- Breakdown of the key features of IFRS 17, including the Building Block approach and Premium Allocation approach, and the difference between the new standard and existing practices
- Impact and challenges in implementing IFRS 17.
Speakers from Peak Re:
Mr. Franz Josef Hahn, Chief Executive Officer
Our presenters include:
- Cathy Chen, Chief Financial Officer
- Tony Zhong, Vice President, Reserving
- Raymond Yau, Assistant Vice President, Reserving