This website is developed and maintained by Peak Reinsurance Company Limited (the “Company”). You are advised to carefully read the following terms before accessing this website.
The materials, information and other contents on this website are provided by the Company. By accessing, reading any contents on, downloading materials from or using any contents on this website and any of its pages, you are deemed to acknowledge and accept the following terms that constitute an agreement between you and the Company (“Agreement”). The Company reserves the right to update the following terms from time to time without further notification, and any such updates shall take effect when they are uploaded to this website.
The materials and contents in this website (including but not limited to data, word, diagram, image, audio or video, etc.) are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Without the prior written consent of the Company or other relevant rights owners, you are not allowed to copy, replicate, sell, reproduce, disseminate, publish, reprint, adapt, compile, transmit, display, prepare derivative works based on, repost or otherwise use any of the materials and the contents of this website, in whole or in part, in any manner. You must obtain the prior written authorisation of the Company before creating a hyperlink from a third party website to this website.
Trademark and domain name statement
All the trademarks, logos, graphics and service marks used or displayed on this website, whether registered or unregistered, are owned by the Company and other relevant rights owners. You are not allowed to use them in any way without the prior written authorisation of the Company or the party owning them.
The domain name, www.peak-re.com is registered by the Company. No organisation or individual will be allowed to use such domain name without written authorisation by the Company.
In using this website, you may provide the Company with “personal data” as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“Ordinance”). The Company shall fully comply with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance, which include but are not limited to, the collection, storage, transmission, handling and use of personal data.
The personal data collected from you in this website will be used for the purposes of replying to your enquiries.
Your personal data held by the Company will be kept confidential.
You have a right under the Ordinance to make a data access or correction request concerning your personal data held by us. You may make such request by writing to our Privacy Compliance Officer at the following address: Room 6501-06, The Center, 99 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong.
Certain contents on this website contain forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements relating to possibility or forecasting of performance, costs, dividends, incomes, revenues, earnings, operation, business developments or other trends. These contents are not historical facts but prepared on the basis of current beliefs, assumptions, estimations, projections and expectations of the Company’s management about the businesses, the industry and the market conditions in which the Company operates. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and various factors, some of which are beyond the Company’s control and are difficult to predict. Therefore, the Company’s actual results or development may differ greatly from those expressed, implied or forecasted in these forward-looking statements. You should not rely on these forward-looking statements, which reflects the opinions of the Company’s management as at the date the information is uploaded to this website. The Company is not obligated to revise or update these forward-looking statements for purposes of reflecting any events or conditions that arise after publication of these forward-looking statements on this website.
This website is created to introduce the Company and for the ease of the public in accessing relevant information only and is not intended to constitute an offer or solicitation to sell reinsurance products in any country to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an invitation or solicitation in such country. The information contained in this website is not intended to provide professional advice. While the Company has made its best efforts to verify the contents on this website, such contents, however, are subject to change and are provided to you on a “as is” basis.
The Company, to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any responsibility, representation or warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to:
- the freedom from computer viruses of this website;
- the non-infringement against a third party’s rights in relation to the use of materials on this website;
- the stability of the server or your access to, reading, copy or use of this website at any time;
- the timeliness, fitness for a purpose, accuracy or completeness of the contents, graphics, materials, links, description, explanations or other items appearing on this website; and
- the accuracy of those contents as a result of printing, copying or other inputting herein.
The Company makes no representation that all information relating to the Company has been posted on this website. The Company may modify the contents on this website from time to time without any further notification. The Company does not warrant to update any of the information or contents contained in this website, nor warrant to give you a notice in the event of any such update.
All the information contained on this website is merely for your reference. The Company bears no liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential losses (including but not limited to profit loss, data loss, property damage, etc.) arising from the use of, or reliance on, any information contained in this website or for the omission of any information relating to the Company, whether in contract or tort or any other cause of action. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed in any way to exclude, limit or restrict the Company’s liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by negligence. Except as set out in this Agreement, all conditions, warranties and representations, expressed or implied by statute, common law or otherwise in relation to this Agreement are excluded.
All websites linked to this website are only for your convenience only and are not within the Company’s control or affiliated with or in any way related to the Company. The Company is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any websites linked to this website. By providing the links to an external website, the Company shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the services/products they provide on their websites. You use the link(s) at your own risk and the Company does not bear any liability for any loss or damage of any sort incurred or suffered by you arising out of or in connection with your use of the link(s) or contents contained therein or any web-based transmission or transmission in any other forms thereof.
- All matters or any action or dispute arising out of or in relation to your access to, and use of information in this website and/or this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”).
- If any provision (or part thereof) of this Agreement is, or becomes, unenforceable, illegal or invalid for any reason, the relevant provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed to be modified or amended to the extent necessary to remedy such unenforceability, illegality or invalidity or if this is not possible then such provision (or part thereof) shall be severed from this Agreement, in either case without affecting the enforceability, legality or validity of any other provision of this Agreement.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, any consequential loss, internal staff costs and legal and advisers costs, alleging or resulting from your use of this website or your breach of this Agreement.
- The English version of this Agreement shall prevail over the Chinese version if there is any discrepancy between the two versions.